Hello! Thanks for joining me again this week for the next installment of Ours Goes To Eleven. This week’s guest is Lina Langley, a world traveler who shares my joy of creating my fictional characters in the Sims. I wonder if she’s as mean to them as I am to mine. Hmm… Anyway, enjoy!
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi! I’m a first-generation immigrant who lives in Florida and likes writing cute m/m stories, magical realism, and spec-fic. I also just changed my hair. 😊
2. Give us a five-word synopsis about your latest work.
Impossible job, hot punk boss.
3. When you’re finished with a piece, do you find that it tends to differ from your original idea, or does the original idea remain more or less intact?
It remains more or less intact because I like to be able to say something with my work, but I also give my characters room to breathe, so if the story changes, I know it’s for the best.
4. If your book was made into a movie, who would you cast as the main characters?
My books are very quirky and original, so I like the idea that unknown actors would be cast as my characters.
5. What’s the best thing about being an author? Worst thing?
I like creating new worlds, but this is my full-time job, so it’s hard to be motivated!
6. What writer’s blogs make your Top Three list? Why do they stand out above the other flobbity-jillion out there?
- Xan West’s Blog. It has a lot of reviews, resources for trauma and consent resources. It’s honestly one of my go-to’s when it comes to writing sex, because it’s so well-explored and in such a sensitive way. https://xanwest.wordpress.com/
- Dale Lowry’s blog is really good for submission calls in particular. I really enjoy it and Dale is a good author to follow in general! https://dalecameronlowry.com/
- I really like http://ourwriterside.com. It has a lot of really good resources for writers and readers and a great sister community on Facebook.
7. What is your writing-time beverage and snack of choice?
I love grapes. And water!
8. Do you have any useful marketing tips for other authors?
Your mailing list is the most important tool that you can have!
9. What changes do you see taking place in the publishing industry over the next couple of years?
I think people will start respecting self-publishing more, since it’s bringing more income, but we’ll have to wait and see. Quality gauges are an issue here.
10. What’s your next project?
I’m working on a Shifter story called The Powerless. I sent a couple of chapters out to my mailing list, which you can join here. http://linalangley.us9.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=9e3a3a4e5e4dc385a74af8073&id=df8ae85765
11. We need a definitive answer to one of Humanity’s most important questions: spearmint or peppermint? Which is better?
Peppermint! How’s this even a question?
Lina Langley is a first-generation immigrant. She currently lives in sunny Florida and spends her time slashing hot strangers while getting coffee. Her past is haunted by spies, thieves, tyrants, and murderers. A resident of the world, she’s lived on three different continents. She first saw a radiator when she was twenty-two years old, and one time she followed a cat instead of going to a house party. She likes to read, watch TV, and play video games when she’s not developing them. The rest of her free time is spent recreating her own characters in The Sims and hoping that people don’t look at the back end of her games.
Follow her here:
2017’s Ours Goes To Eleven series is booked clear through to the end of the year. If you’re interested in being interviewed for next year’s series, drop me a line using my handy-dandy contact form here.